Hey, it is almost Christmas and I’ve been so busy decorating the house with my kids that I’ve just realized I’ve been neglecting the blog. A lot. Consider this my attempt at making up for not having uploaded any Christmassy content on time!
So, Christmas, huh? How are you guys celebrating it? Is your country in lockdown? Are you free –or willing– to see your families? In Italy we have been blessed with the most absurd semi-lockdown ever, an insane mixture of days when we are free to move, days when we have to stay at home, and exceptions so that we can visit friends and families as long as we don’t see more than two of them each day. Weird, huh?
Anyway, Book Tag. When I found this one on Jenniely I decided it was the perfect thing: a fun way to let you know a bit more about yours truly, but quick enough that my kids don’t
have enough time to destroy the house feel neglected now that they’re at home from school.
Ready to roll?
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it
I’m trying hard to finish reading an ARC I got so that I can review it. Luckily I still have enough time.
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley
Nope, my feedback is a pristine 100%.
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)
4. Folded down the page of a book √
Yes. I am a monster, I know.
5. Accidentially spilled on a book
Spilled? Nope. Ate on it and stained it? Hell yes, and not just once. Which is why I’m only reading ebooks now.
6. DNF a book this year √
Yup. I’ve been struggling with The Night Circus for two years.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it √
I know I did, but I can’t remember which book it was.
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework) √
Yes, if sleeping counts. I’m known for spending whole nights reading, only to feel like a zombie the next day –well, couple of days, now that I’m older–.
9. Skim read a book
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal
Not this year, but the bar was very low. I’m counting on reading a much higher number of books next year, so who knows.
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library
12. Broke a book buying ban √
Yes. A couple of months ago I promised I would read all the books I had bought before buying new ones, and yet…
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about
Nope. I tend to review as soon as I finish reading.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading
Actually, I scribbled on books a lot as a kid. Now that I’m older I just crumble food on them.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
Not this year.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend
I could never do it. Books are precious little friends, and I hate it so much when it happens to me.
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book
No way. I would never. I am only clumsy with my own things.
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
Again, not this year.
20. Sat on a book accidentially √
Yes, it was a book I forgot to put back on the shelf after reading it to my son.
So I am on the nice list, yay! Good to know, given that Santa should visit my house in less than twelve hours and I’ve asked for a lot of new books for the whole family.
And you? Have you asked for books this year?