Liz Marie Galvan, blogger extraordinaire, opens up her farmhouse and lets the readers in. Season after season, we get to witness the transformations she makes in order to better suit the mood and the festivities both, adapting her house until it looks like a new, different place. From the bigger tasks to strategically placed plants and pillows, there’s something for everyone.
Whether you live in a country farmhouse or an urban apartment, find inspiration for every room in your home. Come cozy up with your creativity and Liz’s welcoming voice so you can love the feeling of being at home.
The passion and productivity that can pour out of an inspiring, functional workspace or office
The conversation and connection that flow out of a warm, well-arranged living room
The thoughtful hospitality that can welcome guests, be it for a cup of coffee or an overnight stay
The rejuvenation that can happen when we have quiet spaces for reading, prayer, and rest
The calming routines and rituals that we can implement into our spaces and our lives
The laughter, joy, and learning that can occur in adorable, functional playrooms
The life-giving power that beats in the heart of our homes, the kitchen
Each month hundreds of thousands of readers find design inspiration and DIY ideas on Liz’s blog, where Liz shares stories of life with her veteran husband, Jose, their 1800s Michigan farmhouse, and the home décor boutique she co-owns. Cozy White Cottage offers inspiration for every style and makes the perfect self-purchase, housewarming gift, birthday treat, Mother’s Day read, or holiday gift.
Design, interior design
Cover: Pretty! All the pictures featured in Cozy White Cottage Seasons are amazing, and the one Galvan chose as cover is no exception.
- Cozy is the word here, and it’s also Galvan’s mission. Can you turn a regular house into a snugfest for the whole family, 365 days per year? Looks like it! Galvan put together a book of practical tips, DIY-style for the most part with that goal in mind.
- I’m a photography fan first and foremost, but my real weakness? The vintage, shabby chic look some places can achieve. Blame my modern furniture (in a modern apartment complex; in a modern town), blame nostalgia for those summers spent at my grandparents’ country house, blame whatever you want: if something has a cottagecore vibe, I’m there. Cozy White Cottage Seasons is the quintessence of cottagecore, and every picture reflects it.
- The book is divided into seasons-like chapters, with traditional themes in the spotlight. Pumpkins in Fall and Christmas in December, greenery in Spring and outdoor escapades in Summer, the structure is clear, simple to understand. I adapted some of Galvan’s ideas for my own house, and I have to say I’m happy with the result. Or I will be: next month we’re gonna repaint the bathroom! 😀
- There are recipes too, adding some spice to the mixture. As always, I have to bow out when it comes of testing food and beverage, but they do sound yummy.
- Uh, this is awkward. I mean, there’s a distinctive flaw in Cozy White Cottage Seasons, and it has to do with the fact that it doesn’t really deliver what it promised. There’s white everywhere–respectable color, but what about variety?–the same tips are repeated a little too often, and Amazon is linked as a place to find supplies. Far from me to kinkshame anyone, but Amazon? Seriously? It invalidates the whole concept behind the book.
3 stars on GR.